One of my favourite things about the Holidays is snuggling in with the kids under a blanket and watching a Christmas movie. We turn all of the lights off except for the tree and we have a warm fire going. I’ve seen most of the Christmas movies at least 30 times, so I tend to drift off about 2/3’s through, but the kids love the family time and I love the snuggles.
Netflix (in my area anyways) has totally ramped up its game this year! I couldn’t believe how many Holiday movies they are showing – a few I haven’t seen too!
Part of the magic of these cozy evenings is the atmosphere and part is indulging in treats. But who wants to make labour-intensive treats before snuggling in? Not me, I want quick, I want easy, I want tasty.
I’ve got your back!
This is a recipe from Tupperware – they use it to promote their microwave safe line of products – and since I sold (ahem, attempted to sell, but bought all of it myself) Tupperware, I have the inside scoop on this 5-minute caramel corn recipe.
5 Minute Caramel Corn
You will need:
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- Microwave safe dish – with a lid.
- Pop your microwave popcorn as per the instructions on the package. When finished, carefully pick out any unpopped kernels. (don’t skip this step, once those unpopped kernels get covered in caramel coating they can really break a tooth!)
- Stir together softened butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in TupperWave 1.75L Casserole – or other microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir with Silicone Spatula.
- Microwave until boiling- 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating.
- Cover and microwave an additional minute.
- Stir in baking soda. Immediately pour popped popcorn into microwaved mixture then cover and shake to coat.
- Keep covered and microwave and additional 45 seconds. Shake well.
- Pour caramel corn mixture onto parchment paper or a cookie sheet to cool.
That’s it! 2 1/2 minutes to pop the popcorn, then another 2 1/2 – 3 minutes to caramelize it!
Grab your egg nog or hot cocoa, snuggle in between the kids with your blanket and create memories.
And share the popcorn – I know it’s good, but they are your kids after all.
Get your copy today!