Yesterday Hubby had to go into the hospital for a minor surgery.
The problem was not the surgery itself, but that he was told not to eat or drink anything from midnight the night before.
I was feeling guilty eating in front of him, so I limited myself to an english muffin and two cups of tea.
I took the time in the hospital to flip through my stack of magazines that I hadn’t had a chance to read yet, and I all but licked every page with an image of food on it.
One recipe in particular beckoned me….
A scrumptious looking, sweet, tart, vibrant yellow lemon tart.
I altered the recipe slightly (because I didn’t have everything the magazine called for), but they turned out as delicious as they look/ed.
Lemon Tart (my recipe)
You will need:
- 16 small pre-made tartlet shells
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fruit sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- Pre-bake the tart shells per the instructions on the box.
- Place all ingredients except the butter, in a heatproof bowl fitted over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens like custard (5 – 7 minutes)
|image courtesy of House & Home magazine – February 2014|
Have a great one!