I came across this no-sew t-shirt bag on Facebook the other day and didn’t believe it was as easy as it seemed.
I had an old t-shirt of Hubby’s laying around, just waiting to be “project-ified”, so I thought I’d give it a whirl.
I was done in 7 minutes. Truly, all you need is a t-shirt, a pair of scissors and 7 minutes of time – it really is that easy!
1. Cut the hem off of your t-shirt.
2. Turn the t-shirt inside out and fold in half so that the shoulder seams line up.
3. Cut the sleeves off of your shirt.
4. Cut the neck out of your shirt – make this cut a bit bigger than the neck itself so the opening to your t-shirt bag is fairly large.
5. Gather the bottom of your t-shirt into a bundle. Take the hem you cut off in step 1 and use it to tie the bundle tightly. Wrap it a couple of times and tie it tight.
This is what your no-sew t-shirt bag will look like before turning.
6. Turn it right-side out and sling over your shoulder!
The great thing about t-shirt material is that the edges won’t fray, so you don’t need to do any sewing. Maddie is modelling an empty version of the t-shirt bag for me, but it will hold a fair bit. I’ve seen some people slice small slits into it and use it as a market bag. Another friend thought that it would make a good beach bag (with the slits as well) because then you could shake all of the sand out of it. (Brilliant – thank you!)
Best part – besides the repurposing and ease of the project – is that your t-shirt bag is totally washable. Sit on it at the soccer field and take it home and put it in the laundry.
I love this!
Have a great one!