I see Nutella recipes all over Pinterest, but have never tried any of them.
I like Nutella, but don’t LOVE it, so I always stuck with recipes that were chocolate without the added hazelnut flavouring.
My neighbour sent me a three-ingredient Nutella Brownies recipe the other day and I finally caved… I didn’t make that particular brownie recipe, but I did find another that professed “decadent, fudge gooeyness” – and in only one dish.
This photo was taken 2 hours after my first batch was made.
I’m thinking it was a hit?
I needed photos for the blog, so I had to go back and make a second batch – strictly for business purposes of course.
Want the recipe?
One-Dish Nutella Brownies
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Once the butter is completely melted and the chocolate has completely dissolved, stir in the Nutella until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and beat well. Then add eggs, yolk, and finally flour, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in remaining chocolate chips. Be sure not to over mix the batter – we want these chewy.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 8×8 baking dish (I like Crisco for crispy edges) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool for at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares.
I had my taste-testers try these without icing, and with an additional coating of Nutella on top as an icing. They taste good both ways, but the brownies are sweet enough without the extra Nutella. I’ll leave it up to you to taste-test for yourselves.
All of the ingredients were combined, and in the glass baking dish, in the time it took the oven to preheat. These Nutella brownies are THAT easy!
If you don’t add the Nutella as an icing, the hazelnut flavouring is very subtle – don’t worry that it will overpower the flavour. My kids didn’t even notice that there was any Nutella in it and they claim to “hate Nutella”.
Thank goodness too because these are the last few remaining brownies from the second batch – that’s two full batches of Nutella brownies in two days!
You really need to try this recipe.
Have a great one!