This quick and easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is adapted from one that Milk (Canada) put out. I found it in an magazine and had to try it – and with a couple of minor alterations – you’ll LOVE it!
Better still, you can make it in about 15 minutes.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- spaghettini or spaghetti for 4 (you decide on your serving sizes)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh, finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- In a large, wide saucepan, cook bacon in 1 tbsp of butter. Drain all but 1 tbsp of fat and chop up the bacon into small bits.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whipping cream, milk, eggs, parmesan cheese, cornstarch and salt & pepper.
Drain the cooked pasta and add to the bacon/butter/fat saucepan.
Pour the cheese mixture over the pasta and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened
- Stir in parsley and serve immediately.
I will warn you that this spaghetti carbonara dish is heavy.
Delicious and cheesy and bacon-y goodness – but rich.
We’ll totally make it again (and again and again), but we’ll plan to sit and digest over a glass of wine on the patio.
Perhaps a white with a crisp green salad.
I’m hungry again – it might be dinner again tonight. lol
Have a great one!