Is it Spring where you live?
Here in SW Ontario we went from Winter to Summer and have only just settled in to more seasonal temperatures which has me outside as much as possible. Come July I’m sick of gardening and watering and weeding – but May/June I’m on it like a dirty shirt! That’s why I contacted WORX to see about testing out their NEW GT Revolution 20V 4AH 12″ String Trimmer / Lawn Edger / Mini-mower.
We have a whipper snipper – I guess that should read “had” a whipper snipper – a big gas-powered one that was heavy and burned my arm if I used it for too long. I wanted something smaller, lighter and less
painful intimidating so I asked my favourite company to hook me up with the best of the best and I’m not exaggerating when I tell you they did!
Minutes – really, MINUTES – after I tried the WORX GT Revolution 20V 4AH 12″ String Trimmer / Lawn Edger / Mini-mower, I took photos of my Featherlite and posted it for sale on Kijiji (aka. Craig’s List in Canada). For a residential property there is no comparison – this string trimmer is hard-working, light (5 ½ lbs), and has several features my big gas (not to be confused with big-ass) trimmer didn’t.
- The length of the pole can be adjusted for any height. It’s a telescopic pole so all you have to do is twist it to unlock it, lengthen or shorten to wherever you’re comfortable and then twist it again to lock into place. Fully extended it’s 55 ½” long!
- The handle is re-positionable. With 7 positions to choose from this makes the GT Revolution ergonomic to use, easy to handle and gives you greater control
- The head of the GT Revolution string trimmer rotates to 6 different positions! (This is my favourite feature). Keep the head flat for trimming around garden beds and mowing down tall weeds, then rotate it for perpendicular lawn edging (check out the video)
- Flower protector guard – is attached! Yup, pull it out to trim under cascading flowers and tuck it back in to get close to retaining walls.
- Attachable wheel – okay THIS is my favourite part – there are twin wheels that you just click into place to keep your string trimmer/ edger/ mower balanced and cutting precisely every time. You won’t have to move large furniture, just rotate the head and roll yourGT Revolution 20V 4AH 12″ String Trimmer / Lawn Edger / Mini-mower underneath balanced on the wheels!
- Automatic line feed. Tired of banging your whipper snipper against the ground to get the line to extend? The GT Revolution has a patented Command Feed™ technology that lets you extend the line by just pressing a button on the handle. No more stopping, bumping and leaving chop circles in the lawn – just press while you’re trimming and you’re set!
- Two batteries AND charger included! Keep one battery on the charger and the other in your trimmer and you’ll never be stuck without power. No more gas cans, two-cycle oils, extension cords or wait times. Did I mention the batteries are included? (not so with other – ahem Ryobi – brands)
- Free spools for life! Not only does the GT Revolution come with three spools of their strongest line, but WORX will keep you stocked with free spools for life!
How does it cut?
Like buttah baby – like buttah!
How does it edge?
Like a knife.
Coming from a bulky, heavy, hot, super-vibrating gas trimmer – the WORX GT Revolution 20V 4AH 12″ String Trimmer / Lawn Edger / Mini-mower just blew my mind!
So much so that I took it over to my parent’s place to let my Dad try it out.
He now owns a WORX GT Revolution too. (Which reminds me – this would make a GREAT Father’s Day gift!)
I asked my next-door-neighbour to give me an honest opinion and compare it to his new Ryobi string trimmer and he said he preferred mine because “it’s much lighter and has more traction”.
It’s not just me blowing smoke friends – this thing is great.
Not that I doubted it would be – WORX is my go-to brand for yard work essentials.
If you want to make yardwork easy, the WORX line of tools can’t be beat (in my honest opinion).
I regularly use:
- 8 AMP Electric 10″ Pole Saw – read my review here
- 20V HYDROShot Portable Power Cleaner
- GT Revolution 20V 4AH 12″ String Trimmer / Lawn Edger / Mini-mower
- TURBINEFusion Leaf Blower, Mulcher & Vacuum – read my review here
Click any of the links highlighted in this article to learn more about the GT Revolution (and my other WORX favourites) including specs, warranties, customer reviews, and FAQs.
*I was provided with the GT Revolution String trimmer in exchange for providing a written review of my experience. My first loyalty will always be to my readers, so you can trust that my opinions are honest and sincere.
I’ve written for too long – time to head back out and trim something!
Have a great one!