This isn’t really a DIY post unless you have a lathe..
which after seeing these masterpieces, I’m highly tempted to purchase.
My friend and neighbour creates turned wood bowls from the most exquisite cuts of wood. These aren’t everyday dishes that can tuck into the dishwasher after use – we’re talking high-end decor pieces here.
Pieces range in size and shape so you can select out the perfect one for your home.
Need a wedding gift? What about one of these pieces of art that will last a lifetime?
Barry does not have an Etsy shop or website, so the only way to order any of these, or any custom turned wood bowls, is to contact him at email@example.com.
As of now (as this post goes live) all the bowls you see in the photographs are available for sale with prices ranging from $30 to $80 plus shipping; considerably less than anything I’ve seen on Etsy – so you should really snap these up while you can. firstname.lastname@example.org
Each wood turned piece is finished to a glass-like smoothness, sealed and then coated with a food-grade carnuba wax for protection and longevity.
Looking for some extra detailing?
Barry creates pieces with wood and leather inlays as well.
Beyond nuts, there are so many options for displaying your wood bowl:
- Think gentleman’s dish for watches, rings and spare change.
- Think a side table display with small objets d’art or moss-covered balls.
- Keep small stones from favourite beaches as a decorative memento.
- What a beautiful presentation for a ring-bearer to deliver the wedding bands to the bride and groom.
- Fill them with fruit (real or faux) and keep a bright, fresh and elegant display on your counter.
- Corral perfume bottles and/or jewellery in a stunning piece.
- Have a slit put into one and use it as a yarn dish.
- Request a set of salad bowls as a beautiful and timeless wedding gift.
These truly are gorgeous pieces of art.
Contact: B Mills Woodturning at email@example.com to purchase one of these beauties or order your own custom turned piece.
Have a great one!