If your Holidays didn’t include Oreo truffles, then you really need to whip up a batch for New Year’s… these treats are rich, creamy, sweet and completely decadent.
I hope everyone had a safe and healthy Christmas Day?
I know 2020 has been the shits, and the Holidays this year looked considerably different than anytime before, but we did our best to appreciate what we do have, and really enjoyed the smallness of our gathering. We missed loved ones of course – but instead of wallowing in the sadness, I just ate their share. lol
Truly – I don’t think I’ve stopped eating for a full month.
This article was originally posted in 2014 – prior to me having any experience with photo editing. Since we made another batch for the Holidays, and the recipe is still scrumptious and simple, I thought I’d update the article with new and hopefully “more appetizing” photos to encourage you to try these and sink to my chubby (but so very happy) level.
- 1 large package Oreos
- 1 package cream cheese
- semi-sweet chocolate chipits or chocolate melts
- Crush up the entire package of oreos – including the centres. You can use a food processor if you have one or, what we did, was place the cookies in a ziplock freezer bag and used a meat tenderizer to crush them up.
- Cut cream up 8oz cream cheese bar and blend in mixer until smooth
- Put cookie crumbs in food processor (or mixer) and blend until well combined.
- Roll the Oreo truffles into balls and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Put them in the freezer for 10 minutes or so to harden.
- While they are chilling, melt your chipits or chocolate melts in a double boiler. Remember that friction melts the chocolate faster, so continue to stir until it is completely smooth.
- Dunk the oreo balls into the melted chocolate and return to the cookie sheet.
I made two batches of Oreo truffles on the weekend – approximately 80 truffles – I gave out about 2 dozen to a few friends….
Which reminds me! I should warn you – these things evaporate if left unattended.
Fifty-six truffles disappeared SAME DAY! (I didn’t do it, honestly – it was the other wolves in this house)
If you are looking for a Holiday or New Year’s treat (or better yet – what about Valentine’s Day!!) these Oreo truffles are to die for!
I suggest making them in teaspoon sized balls because – as is typical of truffles – they are very rich. Miss Madison made this batch and decided to go with the double-tablespoon sizing – which means we only indulge in one and are sweetly satisfied.
They really are THAT good!
Hey! Miss Chloe had a brilliant and hilarious idea! Since 2020 was the shits, you could package these up with little tags (or if you are a serious prankster, in doggie poop bags) and deliver them as gag gifts to friends and neighbours! “2020 was the shits – Here’s to 2021!!”
Then again, it might make them unappetizing? The idea totally had me laughing though!
I’m a sick, sick woman. lol
Have a great one!