I have permission to share one of the awesome recipes I received at the “Favourite Things” party the other week….
Starbucks Oat Bars!
Have you ever had them?
I hadn’t until my friend Shelley brought some over, and let me tell you – once you try them, you’re addicted.
Downside – Starbucks prices (ugh!)
BUT, Shelley found a scrumptious recipe online for a knock-off version – and having tried both, I can honestly say I like this recipe better.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup (for extra-scrumptiousness – use Lyle’s Golden Syrup)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Optional – 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit
- Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper
- Grind down 2 cups of the oats using a blender or food processor, until they look like flour
- Mix in ground oats with the remaining oats and set aside
- In a pot, melt the butter with the sugar and syrup until dissolved
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, milk and cinnamon
- Add the oats and mix until thoroughly combined
- Scoop into the prepared pan and firmly press down.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until light golden brown
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
I like the addition of the cinnamon – but that’s just me – try it without and they are almost identical (except better) to the Starbucks version.
To give credit where credit is due – Shelley found the recipe online at “Seeking Grace” where she also gives healthier alternative ingredients.
Now, let’s all thank Shelley for yet another thing that is going to add glorious inches to our asses! lol
Have a great one!
|Between Naps on the Porch|